April 30, 2021

My SeedIn Review

During ECQ caused by COVID19, we are all stuck at home to keep safe from the spread of the virus. For more than 6 months of almost no regular work, I am stumbled back to the thought of "earning from home" and "let my money work for me" thoughts.

So, apart from learning how to invest in stocks, crypto, and the likes, I wanted to invest into something with less risk of losing money, something other than stocks! Other than Mutual funds and UITF's, I have came across this crowdfunding app called SeedIn.

What is SeedIn?

SeedIn is Southeast Asia's leading business financing platform where local businesses seeking short term-term financing connect with business entities seeking short term investments. (source: SeedIn FAQ). 

To simplify, SeedIn is an app where local businesses (SME, etc.) who seeks additional capital for their business can borrow money from SeedIn investors, other than the banks or other financial institutions who offers the same. The difference is that, SeedIn takes their fund from investing public.

To illustrate:


The interest gained from the borrowed amount is credited to the investor's account on a monthly basis, either balloon payment or equal repayment. SeedIn though have taxes, and risk management fee of 10% of the interest gained.

My Account

I have opened an account with SeedIn last Feb. 29, 2021 and deposited a small amount yet to see if it's actually earning.

I deposited a total of Php 6,000.00. At the time of my opening, there were no available investments, it's fully subscribed. I almost opened it everyday but there's no available investments.

So, I decided to use Alfred, their auto-invest planner. You just have to set the amount, terms, etc.


First, I choose Php 1,000, then I also created Php2,000 and another Php3,000 in the investement schedule. My first investment was successfully processed last March 25, 2021. Almost a month since I signed up (not bad)! But I financed it March 3, 2021. Once Alfred invested they will hold your funds until the posting date of investments which is usually 1 month. Same process with the remaining 2 of my investments.

To date, April 30, 2021, I received Php 7.50 and Php 15.00 interest (or say dividends) in my account, total of Php 22.50.
On the dashboard, you can navigate there the repayment schedule, loan amount and payment records of each specific investment your in. I only presented here my first Php1,000 investment.


And my dashboard looks like this:
and this:


So, yeah, it's earning! If you wanted to earn bigger dividends, then deposit bigger amounts too. For more info about the risks associated with investing SeedIn, how to make deposits and withdrawal, please visit their FAQ.

If this interests you, you may signup thru my link here or you can directly go to their website: SeedIn Signup.

Note:
This is a personal review of my account without the knowlegde or coordination with SeedIn.

Hope this review helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment